This is mom’s green tomato relish recipe and is great replacement for pickle relish in recipes.
Green Tomato Relish
Give it a little extra kick by adding 2 or 3 hot peppers to the mix.
- 3 Quarts Green Tomatoes
- 1 Quart Onions
- 6 Green Peppers
- 1 Quart Vinegar
- ¼ cup Salt
- 6½ Cups Sugar (can use half Brown Sugar)
- 2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 3 teaspoon Celery seed
- 3 teaspoon Mustard seed
- Grind Green Tomatoes, Onions, and Green peppers.
- Cover with boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine all ingredients and boil 20 -30 minutes.
- Fill jars, seal. Cook in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
- Makes 8 - 9 pints.