This is the recipe that Liz uses. Becky’s recipe is similar, but she uses bottled lime juice (a source of fights when they are together) and adds a chop jalapeno pepper (or two).
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, and coarsely mashed
- In a bowl combine tomato, red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and cilantro. Gently stir in avocados. Cover the surface with plastic wrap. Chill for up to 1 hour.