I use this recipe to make a smokey mesquite seasoning mix to blend into hamburgers or sprinkle on steaks.
Use about 1 teaspoon or so per pound of meat.
Combine the following ingredients in a blender and blend until the flakes are finely ground. I use chili powder if I’m out of hot pepper flakes or ground chili peppers. Makes about 1/3 cup seasoning mix.
- 3 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tbl flour (or some cornstarch, helps to keep it from clumping)
- 2 tsp tomato powder (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic flakes
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp mesquite smoke flavor (optional)
- 1 tsp chilli pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- ½ salt
- Mix together and store in an airtight container.