Stuffed Green Peppers
- 3 large peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1½ cups cooked rice or Minute rice
- 2 tbl finely chopped celery
- 2 tbl finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup tomato sauce + extra to pour over peppers
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbl shredded cheese
- Remove seeds and stems from peppers and split in half. Combine remaining ingredients, except cheese, and stuff into peppers.
- Place peppers in a baking pan. Drizzle a little tomato sauce over the peppers. Add a little water to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350, for 45 - 55 minutes. Drizzle with a little more tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes, to melt cheese.