This recipe makes a nice lunch box bar. You can make it with chunky or smooth peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 Tbl butter, softened
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate morsels, divided
- In large mixer bowl, combine peanut butter and butter. Beat until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Blend in flour and salt. Stir in 1 cup morsels
- Spread in 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes, until edges begin to brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining morsels. Let set for about 5 min to soften then spread chocolate over top.
- Cool completely.
- For more chocolaty taste, use 3 cups chips (1½ packages).
This is good with chunky peanut butter and / or with 2 cups chips for icing and none in batter.