- 3 TBL Flour
- 2 tsp salt
- Chicken pieces - about 2 pounds
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ pound mushrooms
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp pepper
- pinch of sugar
- ½ red wine
- 16 oz tomatoes, crushed or chopped
- 6 oz tomato paste
- Mix flour and salt in a bag, add chicken and toss to coat.
- Empty bag into a heated skillet, brown in oil for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken.
- Add vegetables and seasonings to pan. Saute about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and tomatoes to pan. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan. Simmer, covered, for about 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Remove bay leaf.
- Serve over buttered spaghetti.