- 1¾ Cup flour
- 5 TBL Sugar, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Spray muffin cups with non-stick spray.
- Stir together flour, 2 TBL sugar, baking powder, salt. Make a well in center.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, juice and oil. Add at once to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Toss cranberries with 2 TBL sugar and fold in to batter. Fill prepared muffin cups ⅔ full. sprinkle muffin tops with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 18 - 20 minutes, until golden. Serve warm.
- Makes 12.
- Each muffin contains approx 160 calories. and really yummy.